Sunday, April 1, 2012

A to Z Challenge

Step 1.  Actually have a blog.  (check)

Step 2.  Post something based on the letter A.

A is for Autism and Asperger's.  I don't have either, but I would probably been diagnosed with some version as a child, if I had been born 30 years later than I was.  I have been tested and deemed a fairly functional adult, with a few tendencies in the Asperger's spectrum.  That being said, I have a lot of empathy and for those who deal with the true manifestations of these syndromes.

I encounter many challenges dealing with regular day to day life, most as a result of those Asperger's like traits I possess.  Usually, with a bit of thought and analysis of a situation, I can find or develop a coping strategy.  When I consider how much worse my quirks could be, I tip my hat in respect to those who face much tougher challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment