Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for Agriculture.

Just a bit early to direct sow, we had frost two nights ago and could have some more. So far, I have starter trays going with, in no particular order: string beans, spinach, watermelon, pumpkin, bell pepper (color mix), peas, arugula and zucchini squash. For direct sowing, after I get the garden beds worked this week: carrots (mixed variety) beets and corn. I also have live starts for romaine lettuce, brussels sprouts and a striped heirloom tomato. Needless to say, I have a mighty hankering for gardening this year. Will also do herbs in pots, once I figure out what pots I have out in the shed.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your garden, it sounds like it will be well-worth the hard work!
    I always grow Basil and Rosemary for my summer recipes.

    ps, you will get more comments if you get rid of the word verification, it is hard for some to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Stopping by for the A to Z Challenge. Best wishes for a very fruitful garden. I do container gardening myself.

    Susanne
    PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

    ReplyDelete